Drainage systems on residential and commercial properties have to endure a considerable amount of wear and tear. The wastewater that flows through these pipes under the ground can result in damage and deterioration, which isn’t evident from the surface.
It is only when some of the problems get out of hand, and there is flooding or pooling of water, property owners realise that they need drain repairs. We at My Brisbane Plumber offer a wide range of plumbing solutions, including drain repairs. Our affordable and customised solutions go a long way in providing value for money to our clients.
As experienced operators, we know what it takes to handle different types of issues. We use the latest technology in our work and are always up to date with advances in the industry. When it comes to drainage issues is different methods could be used to tackle these jobs. Here is a look at them:
- Normal Drain Repairs
This is a very standard method of fixing deteriorated or damaged drain pipes. In this process:
- – We have to dig out a specific portion of the landscape to access the damaged drain pipe.
- – Our team will carry out a detailed inspection to determine exactly how much damage has taken place.
- – We will repair or replace that section of the pipe as required.
- – The soil will be set into place again.
In this method, significant sections of the hardscaping have to be ripped out to access the underground drain pipes. It is an invasive procedure that is also quite time-consuming, which makes the entire process quite expensive.
- Pipe Relining
This is an advanced drain repair method. Pipe relining is also referred to as trenchless drain repair, and it eliminates the requirement for extensive digging. This is the process we follow:
- –We will dig two small trenches on either side of the affected pipeline.
- – The team will insert a CCTV drain camera into the drainpipe to determine the point at which the damage has taken place.
- – If there are any blockages, those will be cleared using the latest technologies such as root cutters and pressure jets.
- – Depending on the damage, they may recommend pipe relining. In this technology, an epoxy sleeve is inserted into the existing pipe and inflated. This sleeve fits snugly into the internal area of the drain and can last for up to 50 years.
The upfront cost of the epoxy lining method seems a little higher. However, when you compare the price of fixing the damage to the landscape that is caused in traditional repairs, the pipe relining process proves to be more cost-effective. It is also more reliable, and we provide guarantees for our services.
For any more information about our pipe relining and other plumbing services, feel free to contact My Brisbane Plumber on this number 07 3510 2150. Drop us an email via this contact us form to book now.